Why study this degree?
This Degree has been created inspired by the new realities of the artistic world. Art has been transformed; we now have new tools, new spaces and new formats, meaning we need a new type of education where new artists are trained.
With this new 3-year Undergraduate Degree in Digital Arts, inspired by the fundamentals of the traditional Fine Arts, while offering students the knowledge, technology and digital tools the artists of the future need, well placed to adapt to new artistic trends and the professions of the future.
You will study the history of classical, modern and contemporary art and learn the foundations of art, such as colour theory, art history, photography, drawing, sculpture and painting. As well as learning the fundamentals of art, you will also master the digital tools and technologies to help boost your ideas and give form to your creativity. You’ll learn the history of digital art and new media, colour science, film and VFX, lighting, animation, 3D sculpture and digital painting.
During the degree, you’ll learn to produce artistic works, and work on maximising your creativity, knowledge of digital culture and production skills so that you can create interactive works of art and interventions using technology, from conception to production.
What aspects will you work on during the degree?
- The foundations of art: Language, narrative, creativity, photography, drawing, painting and digital illustration
- Technology: Audio, video, animation, audiovisual productions, digital interactions and electronics - the Internet of Things
- Production and appreciation of art in all its different formats: the creation of unique work, commissioned work and even how to finance artistic work.
Where will you apply the knowledge?
New artists have to conceptualise ideas from a digital, contemporary perspective, and will lead the way in new styles of production and cultural consumption, transforming contemporary art and culture, with applications in different fields:
- In audiovisual culture:photography, cinema, post-production, etc.
- In the performing arts: art direction in theatre, concerts, festivals, dance, stage design, audiovisual design, lighting and effects, etc.
- In the plastic arts: traditional and digital painting, study of materials, sculpture and 3D printing, installations, performance and action art, urban art and environmental art, etc.
- In ephemeral architecture: design of spaces and experiences, lighting and renders, in art installations and urban interventions, etc.
- In visual arts: Creation of 2D /3D content, projections on buildings, storyboards and project scripts, etc.
If you believe that your future is to create innovative artistic creations, La Salle Campus Barcelona is your home.